Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Sunday 3 June 2012

My.Face.Cosmetics Blush and Lipgloss Review

Hi all, got another review for you today. I think the brand I am reviewing, My.Face.Cosmetics, may be being discontinued as I bought these products a couple of months ago in Boots with more than 75% off and the display was really empty.
Anyway, heres what I got:
Light Blusher in Paradisio Pink and Medium Blusher in Costa Del Sol. One Hit Wonder lip gloss in Gilt-y.

The Blushers come in very large heavy packaging which does make it feel sturdy but feels rather unessecary as the reason for the huge packaging is a useless brush.

Heres them open so you can see:


Paradisio Pink is a bright matte pink. Mostly neutral in tone, prehaps slightly warm. The pigmentation is excellent and a light hand is needed in application. This shade is a favourite of mine and is a slightly darker more pigmented and matte version of MUA shade 1 (another favourite). If i'm having a pink blush day this tends to be the one I reach for. I get about 6-8 hrs wear with both of the shades though I do find they fade a bit during the day. I paid just over £2 for this but i think they are close to £10 at full price. Hopefully they might turn up on one of the discontinued cosmetic sites so i can purshase some more shades before they disappear.

Costa Del Sol is a warm pinkish red with gold shimmer. This is a gorgeous shade but i have to be really careful with application as it is very pigmented and its very easy to over apply. I don't tend to reach for this as much as on a day to day basis i don't have time to faff about with application. This is a blush for a very soft large fluffy brush.

The brushes that come with the blushes are completely useless (to me anyway) i've never been able to apply blush with a flat brush. These are also not very soft and very synthetic feeling.

Heres them swatched - in the same order as above. The first swatch is swiped and the second is blended slightly to get a more blush like effect. I barely had to run my finger accross the blush to get this much colour.

The lip gloss I got is a clear gloss with different sizes of golden glitter in it. This is not gritty glitter though, it feels completely smooth on my lips. The formula is slightly sticky but not in an annoying way. This lasts quite well for a gloss and works great over lipstick. I love to wear it over reds and plums. I've swatched it below for you to see. I would recommend having a gold glitter gloss in your collection, I find myself reaching for this a lot.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the extra long bank holiday weekend.

Look out for this weeks Make Up Shuffle, it will be an MUA week.

No comments:

Post a Comment