Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Empties! Well Almost... L'Oreal Primer and Benefit Lemonaid

Hi, as you can see i'm having a bit of a post catch up having not posted at all last week. Heres two products I have almost finished and would like to review for you.
The first is Benefit Lemonaid...

I've had this for a while as you can see by the fact this is the old packaging. I really enjoyed this primer and it works very well for giving long lasting, strong coloured eyeshadow. I will definately be considering repurchasing this though the cost is putting me off. I believe this cost me £16.50. The texture is stickier then most primers i've used and I find it is a more effective base for loose shadows then my other primers (MAC Paint Pot or MUA Pro Eye Primer). I also like the pastel yellow colour as it brightens my eye area and corrects dark circles. The one thing i have found though is that the clasp that keeps it closed broke several months ago so it keeps flopping open..grr. This has probably lasted 2 years with pretty regular use.

The other is L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer (mouthful... no?)...

This is the second one of these that i have been through. A staple favourite. I tend to have two primers; a heavy one like this one which i wear with a tinted moisturiser or sheer mineral powder and a lighter one, my No7 Airbrush Primer, to wear with Beauty Balm or Foundation. This primer is very thick and does have a silicon-y feel to it. It works really well to smooth out my skin and once i apply a tint on top my pores are all blended away. I find this also has a mattifying effect which is good for oily t-zone people like me. The odd downside i find with this, though i seem to find the same to some extent with all primers, is that if i apply it too close to my lower lashline it makes my eyeliner 'slip' and smudge. I will be buying new one of this once its gone. A tub of this usually lasts me about 6 months, would probably not last as long if you were only using this not switching up with another one.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment