Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink Review

Hi Everyone!

I've just written this whole review - then the program I'm writing on just randomly shut down and deleted everything... Grrrrr!



Anyway this is the next installment of reviews from my Boots autumn lip haul. Today I will be reviewing another Rimmel lipstick, this one is from the Moisture Renew line. I picked up shade 180 Vintage Pink.



I do rather like the packaging of these - but then my favourite colour is purple. The lid clicks properly into place so its not going to fall off in your handbag. It feels pretty good quality and sturdy.



Vintage Pink is a dusky pinky mauve in the tube with no shimmer or frost and I find it translates darker and slightly plummy toned on my lips. The formula of this is creamier than the Kate Moss lipstick I previously reviewed, this glides on more smoothly and does not dry out or start looking flakey. I find the wear time to be about the same. This finish of this one is more of s semi or subtle shine finish. I do find this formula does transfer more than the Kate Moss formula.



The scent of this I can best describe as a slightly medicated lip balm. I personally love this, I really cannot stand overly sweet vanilla scents (thats so horribly common) in lip products and there are some brands I actually cannot use (Accessorize I'm looking at you). Thank you Rimmel for doing something different!
I do plan to pick up some more of these but from looking at the testers in the shop about 80% of them are frostly looking - any recommendations for other creme shades in this range?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment