Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

MUA Blush Review

Hi all, today I am going to be reviewing these



The MUA (Make Up Academy) blushes from superdrug. I own all 6 shades of these and I like all of them.

Top - Bottom: MUA Blush shades 1 - 6. These don't have names just shade numbers.

Top to Bottom: Shades 1-3.

Shade 1 is a light bubblegum pink shade with gold sparkles. The sparkles don't really transfer to the cheeks. This is one of my favourites if i'm doing dramatic eyes.

Shade 2 is a everyday light pinky rose. This is a matte shade. This is one of my favourite blushes for a neutral everyday look.

Shade 3 is a rosy brown shade with very slight shimmer that cannot be seen on the cheeks, almost more of a bronzer than blush shade. I don't find myself reaching for this much.

Top to Bottom: Shades 4 - 6.

Shade 4 is a darker rose shade, very slight shimmer like shade 3 but can't been seen on the cheeks. I don't find myself reaching for this much as it is probably a touch to dark for my skin tone. With a very light hand I can make it work.

Shade 5 is a bright coral with gold pearl. Reminds be a bit of Sleek Rose Gold. This is my favourite of all 6 shades. I do have a bit of a coral blush obsession.

Shade 6 is a mauvey plum shade with gold pearl. I have never seen another blush anything like this. Its so unique. Quite dark and I have to use it sparingly but I do love this.

Top to Bottom: Shades 1 - 6 swatched with flash.

Top to Bottom: Shades 1 - 6 in natural light.

Overall I do love these blushes, they are very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I do find however that these can be quite powdery. I luckily have a very soft blush brush which doesn't kick up to much powder I do find my stiffer Estee Lauder blush brush dents these quite badly. Make sure you have a soft brush to prevent product wasteage. Despite that I don't find I get any fall out on my face, these apply, blend and stay were I apply them. For me wear time is pretty average, nothing special. These cost £1 each but you only get 2g of product. I don't nessacerily find this to be a bad thing though as I rarely finish a blush as I like to switch them around so having 6 small ones in different shades is great for me.

I definately plan to repurchase these and will probably keep back ups of shades 1, 2, 5 and 6 as I love them so much. Of all the blushes I own it tends to be one of these i'll pick over the others (unless its Sleek Pan Tao as its amazing and I haven't yet found a dupe for it).

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I was never that keen on the formula - but absolutely the price! Might have a look at 1 & 3 though, they look pretty!

    midnightviolets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely swatches! I have shade 2 only. Now I may go to order all the remaining five~~~

    cheers,
    jacq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA is 35% off at the moment with code mua35 :)

      I've recently been experimenting with layering them over their new cream blushes.

      Delete