Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Semi Permanent Flare Eyelash Extensions

Whoops... I've put eyelash extensions on... mascara reviews will have to be delayed for a bit....

Though you do get an Flare Eyelash review...
I used the Ardell Duralash Flared lashes in short and medium. I applied 9 short flares to the length of my lash line before adding an extra 5 mediums for extra length and volume in the outer corner.

Here are the products I used to do my extensions:
(SalonSystem Individual Lash Glue, an upside down Dappen Dish, Tweezers, Ardell DuraLash Short, Ardell DuraLash Medium) and a mirror of course...

Here are my sad looking before lashes
My lashes are quite dark and thick but are short and straight.

Left (right eye) - natural and Right (left eye) - with completed extensions.

Both eyes completed - this took about 40mins total. This is the 4th or 5th time I've done extensions on myself so I have had a little bit of practice.

I love the way these look, great volume and a bit of length while still looking like natural lashes. In my mind this is the look i am looking for with mascara - lots and lots of dark seperated lashes. I haven't found one yet, but when i do it will be my HG.

These hopefully should last 2 - 4 weeks with a couple of touch ups - i do tend to find 1 or 2 lashes fall out each week due to sleeping funny or rubbing my eyes.
With practice these are reasonably easy to do, you dip the bulb of the lashes into the glue ot get a bead and drop carefully on top of your lashes getting the bulb as close to the lash line as possible. The most annoying bit is trying to pull the eyelashes out of the tray, i keep breaking, mis-shaping and damaging lashes meaning i waste almost as many as a actually use.Also if you drop one... you probably won't find it unless you have a tile floor.

Ooh and look what I found in my stash... how thick and voluminous are these...
Left - the Ardells I used above and Right - Ultra thick flares by some unknown brand (if i remember i'll update this).

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment