Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Fraulein 38 Sun Kiss Golden 88 Eyeshadow Palette (Ebay 88 Palette) Review

Hi all!

Here it is, my amazing new palette. I bought this off ebay a while ago and it never arrived, i was away on holiday for a while so i had to wait until i was back to get it resent. It finally arrived this morning and i love it.

So here it is - all black and shiny
Hehe - reflection :)
No branding on the box itself, just plain black.
And now the bit you actually want to see... so shiny, i love shimmer shadows i rarely wear matte.
 This palette has a great range of shades. They are all shimmer shades so if you prefer matte this may not be the palette for you. Each column has a different range of shades, from left to right: Neutrals, Golds, Oranges and Coppers, Greens, Bright Marbled Shades, Pinky Neutrals, Coppers, Bronzes, Glitter Neutrals and finally Glitter Brights.

These shades are mostly very pigmented with good colour payoff. Some of the shades, particularly the Glitter and most Shimmery shades are very very soft. I had to be careful when swatching them as just sweeping my finger over them to swatch them produced a lot of excess powder. I think even just a slight knock could shatter some of these shades so i'm going to have to be very gentle with this palette. These shades will probably leave a bit of fallout. I always apply my eyeshadow before i do my foundation etc so i don't find this to be an issue.
I love that these a mostly everyday wearable shades with a few brights to throw in a hint of colour. This palette would be great for tanned, bronzed and sunset type looks. I can see myself wearing this one a lot over the summer and autumn.

I have done a few swatches for you to see. I haven't swatched them all so here is a sampling of the shades. I have swatched 2 shadows from each column, the 2nd one down and the 6th one down. If you would like to see swatches of the entire palette, comment below and i shall endevour to do so.

Left to Right - Columns 1 to 5

Left to Right - Columns 6 to 11

Hope you enjoyed this review, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment