Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Sleek Rose Gold and Pan Tao Blush Review

Hello! Todays review is for two of the Sleek blushes; Rose Gold - the infamous NARS Orgasm dupe (apparently - i don't have the NARS blush to test it against) and Pan Tao - a bright peachy colour from the limited edition A La Peche collection.

Here they are in the pans - Pan Tao on the Left and Rose Gold on the Right.
And Swatched...(same order)

Pan Tao is a really bright peachy blush. In the pan it looks bright orange and looks as though it couldn't possibly look good. This however is my HG blush - I love it, especially for summer, it gives a great glow to my face. I am currently on a mission to find a replacement of this - if you know of any bright peach blushes, please let me know.
The blush itself is matte and very pigmented, a little goes a very long way. This blends quite well, its best applied very lightly in layers as the pigmentation makes it hard to blend a heavy application. I will definately be checking out some more matte Sleek blushes (once my no buy is over).

Rose Gold is a rosy peach shimmery blush with a gold duochrome like sparkle. I bought this based on all the hype surrounding the product. I have to say I am rather disappointed with it. It swatches beautifully, the shade is stunning - but it does not show up on my cheeks. Even if i apply multiple layers of this blush all i get it a gold frosty finish with none of the pretty rose base... I really wish this would apply how it looks in the swatches but i haven't had any luck yet using different brushes or one heavy application vs lots of light ones. I am wondering if Sleek blushes can be used wet.... i might as well try it since i can't really wear it as it is (except over another blush).

Thanks for reading! If you have Rose Gold an love it, please tell me how you apply it, i really want to make it work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment