Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Thursday 24 October 2013

Sleek Vintage Romance Collection Blush in Antique Review

Hi all!

I'm taking a short break from my autumn lip haul reviews to show you the new Sleek blush and palette ( next post).

I picked these up a few weeks ago now and I seem to have gotten rid of the packaging so no box pictures sorry. As with all the Sleek collections both the blush and palette came in coordinating autumn leaves style packaging. The actual packaging of the products is the standard black packaging.


Antique in pan looks to be a neutral mauve toned blush with brown undertones and silver shimmer. This is a very wearable introduction to the deeper plum blushes that are so popular at this time of the year.


I found this blush to be less pigmented than what is typical of Sleek. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as I find with some of my Sleek blushes I have to be very careful and light handed with the application. This one is still pigmented but it is much easier to apply without the risk of over doing it.


On application I find the brown tones are more obvious and overall gives a pretty natural look. The shimmer is almost more of a super fine glitter mixed into a satin base. I don't find the shimmer too noticeable when applied, its not that pore enhancing frosty shimmer that can be found in a lot of other blushes.

I'm glad I picked this up - its neutral tone makes it perfect with any eye look or lip colour.

Thanks for reading and look out for the palette review coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment