Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Monday 28 October 2013

Sleek Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hi Everyone!

Continuing on with the Sleek Vintage Romance collection... Here is the palette. I've been a massive fan of the Sleek palettes from back when you could only buy Original and Storm. I have over 10 of these and have a couple on my wish list (mattes dark and oh so special).
The Vintage Romance palette is a neutral based palette with some pinky plummy shades for an autumny feel.
Once again no box, sorry.


And open...


For those who have used Sleek palettes before you know how wonderfully pigmented and long wearing these are. This one lives up to that tradition. There are two shades that are slightly less pigmented which you'll see in the swatches below. They are the top row 5th shadow and bottom row 4th shadow. Sleek has done this texture of eye shadow in other palettes as well and they never seem to be as pgimented as their other formulas. This formula I'd describe as a dark satin base with a brighter coloured irridesence or shimmer.
These shadows do have names but they come written on a clear plastic sheet inside. I tend to throw these away as I find they can dig into and damage the eye shadows when I'm trying to remove it.


Top row: Light silvery taupe, golden bronze, darker warm bronze, taupy bronze, gunmetal, matte terracotta.


Bottom row: golden mauve, metallic mauvy pink, bright plum, deep purple, blackened plum, very dark brown.

My favourite shades in this palette are 4th on the top row and 1st, 3rd and 5th from the bottom row.

There is only one matte shade in the palette the 6th on the top row. Three have glitter which are 3rd, 5th and 6th on the bottom row.

I love autumn and the plum and berry make up trends to this palette really appealed to me.

Thanks for reading! Back to the lips colours soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment