Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Monday 4 June 2012

Weekly Make-up shuffle #2

Hi, its MUA this week. Well mostly...

In addition to the 'everyweek' products I posted in #1 theres a few more I need to post to get them out of the way for future posts.
So theres (left to right, top row then bottom three)...

***Eyebrow palette - this is one of the items from my holiday haul, I still haven't used this but as its my only brow products it will have to be an everyweek product.
*** 17 Face and Body Bronzer - this is a great bronzer, a touch darker then my skin tone with a glowy satin finish. This is neither heavy on shimmer or orangey.
*** No7 Skin Illuminator in Pink - a subtle highlighter for all over the face of just for highlighting. Subtle enough for full face use if i'm going out. Looks great under a tinted moisturiser or sheer foundation.
*** ELF Complexion Perfection - pastel translucent colour correcting powder. This does woek but I find in the summer can make me look a bit pasty. Guess I can solve that with a bit of bronzer.
*** Lip Smackers lip balm - I always pop a touch of lip balm on while doing my make up so my lips are nice and smooth when i come to applying lipstick.
*** Bourjois Pinceau Liner in brown - HG liner - my 3rd I think, one of the few brands that has a brush not that awful felt tip thing.
*** H&M Black Glitter liner - HG (but discon :'( ) not sure what i'll replace this with, probably the black version of the Bourjois Pinceau liner. Again this is a liner with a brush.

Ok, now thats out the way from now on it will just be the weekly choices. This week is MUA...
 (As close to left to right as i can - i didn't lay them out very well)

MUA Immaculate palette - lots of shades in one palette, matte and shimmer, got this free with my last MUA order.
MUA Pressed powder shade 2 - very basic pressed powder, mattifying and seems to last very well. I like how finely milled this is, it doesn't make my skin look powdery.
MUA Blush shade 1 (top), 2 (middle), 4 (bottom) - I love all the MUA blushes, not sure why i particularly chose these shades this week but all 6 seemed a bit overkill.
MUA Extreme Volume mascara - This is pretty good for seperation and colour but i don't find it gives much volume. Good subtle look for work.
MUA Exteme curl mascara - Not really used this much as i struggle with curved brushes, hopefully my putting this in a weekly shuffle i will make myself use it.
MUA Lipstick shade 11 and shade 10 - shade 11 is a non shimmery MLBB shade, i keep a back up of this as its such a great shade. Shade 10 is a really flattering wearable red. Very slight shimmer and semi-sheer.
MUA Lip Boom in Doin Good - lipstick and gloss in one. The lipstick is similar to shade 11 but a bit darker and its more matte. The gloss is a pale pink with quite chunky glitter. These look amazing layered. I plan to order some more shades.
MUA lipgloss in shade 2,5 and 3 - these are all pretty sheer, 2 and 3 are shimmery, 5 is a creme. I love these as a hint of colour for work. Wish they did away with the sickly vanilla scent... eurgh!!!!
MUA Extreme felt tip eyeliner (black) - not sure if i like this or not, i use it a bit like a pencil liner on the lower lashes. Find it a bit tricky to apply on the upper lash line. Much prefer my liquid eyeliners listed above for that.
MUA pro Eye Primer - Only used this once so can't really say how well this works yet.
NYX Eyeliner in Sea Foam - I bought 12 of these a while back and this was the only shade i was disappointed with. It has very little colour payoff.  I'll see if i can find a way to make it work for me.
Milani Liquif-eye Eyeliner - love this, definate HG pencil liner, very soft, great payoff, doesn't irritate my eyes, once set if won't budge but comes off easily with make-up remover... whats not to like.

Thanks for reading, sorry it was so long. From now on the Weekly Shuffles should be shorter as i'll only be posting the weekly choices not all the other bits like my foundation.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment