Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Thursday 7 June 2012

Benefit Her Name Was Glowla Kit Review

Hellooo! Finally i'm doing another review from my holiday haul. I got this palette duty free on the way out on the plane.
As usual, pretty benefit packaging. Sturdy cardboard held closed with a magnet. It has a mirror inside as well.
Heres what you get - Coralista Blush (and mini brush), a 5 colour Eyeshadow Palette (with double ended brush which is actually really good), Bad Gal Lash mascara, Lip Gloss (Life on the A List i think), High Beam and Moon Beam. These are all minis, though i'd hardly call that huge lipgloss mini. I think this is one of the the best value sets that they do along with the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit.

Coralista - A sheer peachy/corally blush with shimmer. I find this is great for warming up my complection and giving a glow. If i'm wearing this alone as a blush i do find i have to layer it a bit as its very sheer. I like this but i prefer the Sugarbomb blush as a glow or a MUA/Sleek/VIVO blush for pigmentation. Texture wise this is very soft and smooth, no gritty glitter. It also has the 'Benefit smell'. I don't really use the brush it came with, i prefer a large round fluff brush for blusher.

Eyeshadow Palette - shades left to right are Passion Pearl, Peachy Sheen, Terracotta Satin, Steamy Copper and Deep Bronze. All the shades i need to create a neutral or soft brown smoky eye. These shades are soft and all have shimmer. I find them to be well pigmented and last all day (over primer, i always use a primer). The brush with this is really quite good and tends to be the brush i reach for if i need a small angle brush.

Bad Gal Lash - this has a huge brush! But thats good, i like mascaras with large bristle brushes. The mascara itself is good too. I may find myself buying a full size of this. Its probably one of the best mascaras i've tried so far. It manages to give volume without clumping my lashes... and my lashes clump even when i'm not wearing mascara so thats quite a feat.

Life on the A List Gloss - to be honest this is a bit boring... its a semi-sheer light pink gloss. I have nothing against the quality of the gloss or anything its just a bit dull. Considering this is a 'glow' kit i would have like to have seen a peach, coral or even bronze gloss. Having Benefits Foxy Lady gloss (this is the peachy pink gloss with turquoise (yup blue/green) sparkle. This gloss is stunning and i think in comparison i just can't be impressed by this one.

High Beam - this is a pale pink highlighter. This is too frosty for me to wear on my face and as a warm toned person this isn't the best shade for me anyway. I will probably use it as a brow bone highlight. This mini will probably last me ages if i use it that way. I did try using on the lid but it made my eyes sting, guess its not designed for the eye area. This is quite a thin liquid and it blends well and isn't patchy. I might give this a go as a center of the lip highlight.

Moon Beam - on the other hand this highlight i love. Its a soft gold shade with a reddy pink pearlescent sheen. I'd say this has a satin finish rather than frost or shimmer. This i will be buying a large size of. You almost have to see it to see how pretty it is. You can see some of its duo-chrome in the photo above. Both of the highlighters have a small brush in the lid that you can use to apply. I then blend it with my fingers.

(Left to Right - Coralista (swatched then blended), High Beam (swatched then blended), Moon Beam (swatched then blended), Life on the A List.)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment