Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Wednesday 6 November 2013

October 2013 Favorites Part 2 - Other Beauty

Hi All, here's part 2 for you.


As with the last one I've seperated them out, taken more pictures etc.


Freederm Gel, Freederm Oil Free Moisturiser and Freederm Overnight Clearing Serum. I'm going to talk about these in a group as they are all from the same line. Over the last year my skin had slowly been getting worse. I was prone to oilyness and spots anyway but it was bordering on being acne and this was a last ditch effort to sort my skin before I went to see the GP. Most spot treatments are based on Salicylic Acid which is anti bacterial and drys up spots. Freederm however is based on Nicatinamide which is an anti inflammatory, a completely different approach. This stuff has almost completely cleared my skin in less than 2 months. I still have some scabbing and scarring but only a couple of actual spots (and their tiny and all most gone). The moisturiser also sits really well under make up and helps my foundation apply really smoothly. Being anti inflammatory it also reduces redness associated with spots. Cannot recommend this enough!


Paul Mitchell Fast Form. This bottle is nearly empty and has lasted me a really long time considering I use it every single day. I do keep a back up of this. I put this into my hair when its damp and provides smoothness and hold without the horrible greasyness and stickyness I seem to get from mousses and other styling balms. I never found anything similar to this in the drugstore - if anyone knows of a cheaper dupe I would definitely be interested. This one is my favourite but I enjoy Paul Mitchell Quick Slip as well.

Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shine Oil and Hask Argan Oil Healing Shine Hair Treatment. I saw these in Primark for £2.50 each so I thought I would given them a go. They have nudged out my previous hair oil favourites to become my new go to products. Both are very light on the hair and give beautiful shine an softness. I love them both but if I had to pick a favourite of the 2 it would be the Argan oil, it makes my hair so silky. Both have a pleasant slightly fruity scent.


Lotil dry skin cream. This time of year my skin on my hands starts getting very dry and sometimes cracks. This cream is great for actually treating not just smoothing dry hands. Sinks in quickly and is non greasy. The tube I keep in my handbag and the tub is always next to my bed.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution. My new favourite make up remover. I used to use the Boots No7 Gentle Eye Make Up Remover which is one of those 2 phase removers, I've talked about it on my blog before. This is oil free so great for my oily skin and does remove everything apart from the most stubborn of waterproof mascaras and eyeliners. This can even remove Benefits They're Real mascara. I do keep a bottle of the No7 remover on hand for when I've been wearing really heavy eye make up. I will then remove the residue with this. This is also equally as gentle on my eyes as the No7 and its about half the price.

Body Shop Born Lippy lip balm in Passionberry and Satsuma. These smell soooo good, just had to get that out there. Passionberry is a plummy shade with no shimmer, gives the tiniest hint of colour to the lips - kind of makes them just look more healthy rather then looking tinted. Satsuma is orange with golden shimmer in, the base in this again adds a tiny tiny tint but the thing I love about this one is the golden shimmer gives the effect of high shine to the lips. I think these are more glosses then balms, though they are quite moisturising, and they make my lips look and feel smoother.

Thanks for reading, you might find the content in the part 2's varies month to month to include bath stuff, candles, perfume etc but maybe not have skin care if I'm still using and loving the same stuff etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment