Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Sunday 3 November 2013

Manhattan Intense Effect Duo Eyeshadow in Prima Ballerina Review

Hi Everyone!

This was going to be my October favourites but my Fragrance Direct order arrived and this happened instead.

One of the (many) items I picked up is this duo eye shadow from a brand called Manhattan that I have never come across before.


From looking online it appears to be a German brand [URL]www.Manhattan.de[/URL] but I cannot get any information from the site as I keep getting a 'new products' pop up box that will not close.

I paid £0.75 for the Manhattan eye shadow on Fragrance Direct and they had a couple of duos and lots of single shades in the Intense Effects line. The packaging does not state the weight of the product inside. The packaging itself is a clear plastic and it feels good quality and very sturdy. Nothing flimsy about this.


The shades in this duo are a light sparkly lilac pink and a deep shimmery bottle green. Both are very well pigmented though the lighter shade does produce some loose powder.


The lighter shade is a light shimmery pink that leans lilac in some lights. It is very shimmery with some very fine white/silver 'glitter'. Its not glitter but its chunkier than shimmer if that makes sense...
The darker shade is a deep bottle green with a slightly deeper green shimmer. No 'glitter' in this one.

These are not colours I'd normally put together but they look great on. I did find with application that the pink did not pick up well on my brush so I applied the crease shade first then patted the pink on with my finger and blended. This was easy to do and worked really well. Recently I've taken to doing this with other shimmery shadows too as it gives a beautiful intense metallic effect. The green applies and blends well with a brush. The other shades I am using in the look below is s warm matte brown as a 'base' in the crease and a matte cream shade on the brow bone and inner corner.

This photo makes my nose look really big hehe!

Thanks for reading! Next post will be October favourites, there will be a part 1 (make up) and a part 2 (skin/hair/body/candle?).

No comments:

Post a Comment