Welcome to SparkleTrek

So named for my love of glitter... and Star Trek ;). I hope the posts here will be useful and enjoyable to read.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss in All Night Long Review

Hi Everyone, back to the lip haul reviews today - this one being a lip gloss.

I have a bit of an obsession with plum or purple toner products with gold shimmer, be it lip, eye or cheek products. When I saw this lip gloss I knew I had to have it.


I do find the doe foot applicator on these Rimmel lip glosses to be particularly good - some glosses require lots of redipping but I find this one picks up enough product for an application. Though I do sometimes redip once if I want to build up the colour.


The formula on these is smooth and non sticky (yey). The gloss has some 'sparkle' to it but I don't find it to be gritty. Like all glosses I don't find the staying power to be amazing and I have to touch up regularly.


This shade is semi-sheer with some shimmer. I wear this alone for a subtle look but usually I will layer this over a neutral or berry toned lip colour.

Worn alone.

The shimmer isn't too obvious on the lips but it adds dimension to the shade. It doesn't show well in the photo and is more visible in real life.

Layered over Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink.

Thanks for reading! Not sure what which product I'm going to review next so it will be a surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment